Sunday, August 3, 2008

Here we go!

I have been attempting to get this blog together all summer, but I kept getting frustrated that I couldn't make it exactly how I wanted. Anyway, I finally decided that the design of the blog isn't really the point.....it's just about keeping a log of our memories and activities. So here we go! I can't believe school is going to start again in 18 days! Cole is excited because it starts on his 9th birthday & he has never been able to bring treats to school on his actual birthday. He played baseball and flag football this summer & will play fall flag football too. He's really getting big (much to Chase's dismay...they're almost the same size!) & he's a funny kid.

Chase just got back yesterday from his 4th trip to Camp Hodia. For those who don't know it's a summer camp for kids with Diabetes. He LOVES it! He came home filthy but happy, so a few pairs of ruined socks are OK. He's playing tackle football on the Cowboys again. He'll be 12 on October 3rd & he's excited that we are planning a trip to Disneyland that week. The other kids keep reminding him that it is not for his birthday just because it falls on his birthday. If it makes him happy to think it's for him, that's fine with me.


Cameron has a birthday this month too. He'll be 5 on the 27th. Even though he is really smart and social, we decided to let him do one more year of preschool before he starts kindergarten. He tells everyone "My mom doesn't want me to be the littlest kid in school." It's so cute. He played t-ball this summer too.

Chloe is 17 months old now. The countdown to nursery has begun! She is full of mischief (she climbs like a ninja!) & she is starting to communicate really well too. She gets really mad when we can't figure out what she wants though. Right now I have no idea what she's screaming about!

Dean is as busy as ever. He decided to buy a lawn mowing business, so we are both learning about being employers and small business owners. His employees mow full time M-F & then he mows on Saturdays. It has been working out pretty well, but taxes, workman's comp, etc are all pretty eye-opening!

I have started jogging again & hope to run a 10K this fall. My jogging partner and I are shooting for a half-marathon eventually, but who knows when I'll be ready for that. Mostly I spend my days trying to maintain my sanity while shuttling the kids wherever they need to be. Now I'll keep trying to figure out all the fundamentals of blogging. Any advice would be appreciated.


4 comments:

Kim :) said...

Hey Wende! Your blog looks cute. I'm sorry I can't offer any help in that area... almost all the other Caldwell's have a blog, but I'm still dragging my feet. I love reading how your family is doing, and can't believe how grown up your boys are looking. You have very cute kids, and I can't wait to keep checking back and seeing how you are. Thanks for emailing your blog to me! Take Care!
Kim Caldwell :)

Roberts Family said...

Hey! You finally remembered your password!?! You can add music at playlist.com. It has really good instructions on the website... If you have questions from there, let me know. Looks good... Crystal

Josie said...

Looks great Wende. I can show you how to add pictures to the blog post not hard. Everything I have found has great instructions. You will be finding things to blog about!!!

Lindsay Mama to Nine said...

Yeah!!! I miss you Wende,
We need to get our famiues together soon!!!
Your kids are getting HUGE!!!

Love ya,
Lindsay